South Carolina Personal Injury Lawyers
If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident in South Carolina, you and your family might be facing a range of new and unique challenges. Serious injuries can leave victims out of work, can leave families struggling under the weight of unexpected medical bills, and can leave victims and their loved ones wondering what their next steps should be. If you’ve been hurt in a car accident, truck accident, slip and fall accident, work accident, or nursing home accident, you and your family might be entitled to seek damages to cover your medical bills, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. However, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. The Louthian Law Firm, P.A. is a personal injury law firm in South Carolina that handles a range of personal injury claims.
The South Carolina personal injury lawyers with Louthian Law Firm, P.A. work with victims of:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Defective Products
- Prescription Drug Injuries
- Workplace Injuries
- Nursing Home Injuries
- And more
Contact our accident lawyers today to learn more about your next steps. An accident lawyer may be able to assist you with negotiating with insurance companies, seeking damages from negligent parties, and may be able to help you in taking your case to court, if needed. Our personal injury lawyers work personally with each client and family to help them get the justice they may deserve under the law.
Steps to Take If You Think You Might Have a Personal Injury Case
If you’ve been hurt in a car accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident, slip and fall accident, or were hurt due to a defective product, due to a prescription drug error, or due to a nursing home accident, you might be facing unexpected expenses, missed time from work, and may be wondering what your next steps should be. The South Carolina personal injury lawyers with the Louthian Law Firm, P.A. may be able to offer you guidance about the next steps you can take if you’ve been injured in an accident. However, there are also steps victims and their families can take immediately after an accident takes place to protect their rights and to ensure everyone’s immediate safety. These steps can include:
- Make an Accident Report. If you’ve been hurt in a car accident, pedestrian accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident, bike accident, or other traffic accident, calling the police can ensure that injured people get the medical attention they need and that police can properly investigate the accident. An accident report can be useful later if you need to make an insurance claim or if you need to seek damages following the accident. If you suffered another type of injury, like a slip and fall or nursing home injury, you’ll want to report the accident to premises owners or officials. If you suffered an injury on the job, reporting the accident to your employer as soon as possible is important.
- Seek Medical Attention. Make sure that everyone hurt at the scene gets the help they need and get medical help for yourself. Not all injuries might be immediately apparent after an accident. It is generally a good idea to see a doctor if you have suffered any sudden and unexpected accident, even if you don’t think you might be injured. Some injuries, like traumatic brain injury may not always be diagnosed at the scene of the accident, and sometimes serious injuries may not be immediately apparent. Adrenaline might be pumping after an accident and this can mask pain. Seek medical attention and make sure that the people around you are safe.
- Contact Your Insurance Company. If you’ve been in a motor vehicle accident, you’ll want to let your insurance company know what happened as soon as possible. Even if you don’t ultimately plan to make a claim, many insurers require that accidents reports be made, so it is a good idea to let your insurer know what is going on. If you’ve been hurt at work, telling your employer is essential so that he or she can begin your worker’s compensation claim.
- Gather Information. If you can, exchange information with other drivers at the scene of the crash. This includes getting their names, phone numbers, insurance information, and details about their cars. If you are injured in a slip and fall accident, get the name of the property owner and their property insurance carrier, if you can. If you are hurt in a workplace accident, take notes for your records about what happened. If you can take photos of the accident scene, do so, because photos could also be helpful.
- Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer. A personal injury lawyer may be able to assist you with various aspects of the claim process. If you were seriously injured in a crash, for example, the personal injury attorneys at the Louthian Law Firm, P.A. in South Carolina can estimate the value of your damages and fight insurance adjusters to help you get the settlement you may deserve under the law. A personal injury lawyer can also investigate your case to identify all potential stakeholders. After a serious accident, multiple parties could potentially be responsible, especially if the accident involved a commercial truck. If you have questions about your claim or your rights, contact the accident attorneys at the Louthian Law Firm, P.A. today.
These are just some of the steps that you can take after an accident to protect your rights. The aftermath of a crash or accident can be fraught with confusion. The Louthian Law Firm, P.A. is an accident law firm in South Carolina that may be able to assist you with various aspects of the claim process.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer in South Carolina Help You?
Not every car accident needs a personal injury lawyer resolving matters. A minor accident involving no injuries or a small fender bender in which insurance promptly pays for minor damages won’t generally require the assistance of an accident attorney. But if you or someone you love was seriously injured in an accident, if you have questions about the value of your damages because you’ll likely need medical care in the future or will be missing work long-term, or just have questions about negligence and your rights after an accident, the accident lawyers at the Louthian Law Firm, P.A. in South Carolina may be able to help you. Here are some ways a personal injury lawyer can assist you:
- Evaluate the Value of Your Claim. Knowing what your claim might be worth is important because it can help you make informed negotiations with insurance adjusters and negligent parties. The Louthian Law Firm, P.A. is a personal injury law firm that can evaluate your medical bills, rehabilitation costs, and lost wages. An accident lawyer can consult with experts to estimate the value of future medical bills and rehabilitation expenses. And, an accident lawyer can also estimate the value of your pain and suffering to help you get the settlement you may deserve if your accident has left you disabled, or left you with life-altering injuries.
- Negotiate with Insurance Adjusters on Your Behalf. Navigating the insurance claim process can sometimes be confusing. Your insurance adjuster may be making a settlement offer based on computer estimates of the damages you have sustained. These estimates may not always reflect your actual damages because they may be based on averages, and not on the actual bills you have. The South Carolina personal injury lawyers with the Louthian Law Firm, P.A. can work with insurance adjusters to help you get the claim you might deserve under the law. Our firm can submit documentation to insurance companies to support your claim, for example.
- Write Demand Letters to Negligent Parties. Sometimes a court case can be avoided with a strongly-worded demand letter to negligent parties. The personal injury lawyers at the Louthian Law Firm, P.A. can review your case, estimate the value of your claim, identify responsible parties, and write strongly-worded demand letters to help you get the settlement you may deserve under the law.
- Take Your Case to Court, If Needed. If negotiation cannot result in satisfactory results for your case, a South Carolina personal injury law firm like the Louthian Law Firm, P.A. can take your case to court.
Have you been injured in an accident in South Carolina? Do you have questions about your rights and the next steps you can take to protect yourself and your family? The Louthian Law Firm, P.A. is a personal injury law firm in South Carolina that works closely with accident victims to help them get the justice they may deserve under the law. You may only have a limited time to make a claim under South Carolina’s statute of limitations. If you have questions, consider reaching out to the personal injury lawyers at the Louthian Law Firm, P.A. today.