Car Accident Lawyers in South Carolina
Were you or was someone you love injured in a car accident in South Carolina? The aftermath of a crash can be stressful, confusing, and costly. You and your family might be facing unexpected medical bills, lost wages due to missed days at work, and other expenses. What are your rights after a South Carolina car accident? What are some next steps you can take? The Louthian Law Firm, P.A. is a South Carolina car accident law firm that may be able to assist you and your family.
Victims and their families might be entitled to seek damages for their medical bills, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses after a car accident. Victims may be able to make a claim with insurance companies or make a claim against responsible parties for the crash. The Louthian Law Firm, P.A. is an auto accident law firm in South Carolina that can review the details of your case, help you understand your rights and options under the law, and assist you with the next steps regarding your claim.
How to Protect Your Rights After a South Carolina Car Wreck
If you’ve been in a car wreck in South Carolina, there are several steps you can take to protect your rights. A South Carolina car wreck lawyer like the Louthian Law Firm, P.A. may be able to assist you with taking steps to make a claim against negligent parties and may be able to assist you with negotiating with insurance companies. Contacting auto accident lawyer in South Carolina can be a good first step to protecting your rights. Here are some other steps you can take after an accident:
- Make a Police Report. In most instances, individuals are required by law to make a police report after a crash. Even if you think damages are minor, it is still a good idea to report your accident to the police, because if damages turn out to be more serious than you expected, or if you need to make an insurance claim, a police report can be helpful to your claim.
- Seek Medical Care. Call for medical attention for yourself and for any other injured people at the scene. It is not only the right thing to do, it is the law to help anyone hurt at the scene of an accident where you have been involved. Seeing the doctor after any car accident is also a good idea because not all injuries might be apparent at the scene of a crash and some injuries can appear later. Follow the instructions of your doctor and be sure to follow up with any scheduled appointments.
- Exchange Contact Information and Take Photos. Gather as much information as you can at the accident scene. Exchange information with the other drivers, including information about insurance, contact information, and the other vehicle’s make, model, and year. If you can, take photos of the scene of the crash and photos of damage to your vehicle. Should you need to make a claim, a picture can be worth a thousand words.
- Contact Your Insurance Company. Most insurance companies require policyholders to let them know an accident occurred right away.
- Contact a Car Accident Lawyer. If you have questions about your rights following a car accident, an auto wreck law firm in South Carolina, like the Louthian Law Firm, P.A. may be able to help you. Our attorneys may be able to assist you by estimating the value of your claim, identifying potential negligent parties, negotiating with insurance adjusters and other stakeholders, and by fighting for your rights and compensation in court.
Have questions about what steps you can take after a car accident to protect your rights? Are you facing unexpected medical bills or is your family struggling to make ends meet after a crash? You are not alone. The Louthian Law Firm car wreck lawyers in South Carolina may be able to assist you with answering these questions and with fighting to help you get the compensation you may deserve.
How is Fault Determined After a Car Accident?
One of the factors that will determine whether you have a car accident claim is whether the other party is at fault for the crash. Police reports can sometimes provide evidence regarding who might be at fault for your crash. Witnesses who may have seen what happened could also provide eyewitness testimony. And sometimes, accidents are captured on camera. Many factors can be involved in a car accident. What are these factors?
- Drunk Driving. Choosing to drink and drive or choosing to drive after using drugs can endanger others on the road. Not only is drunk driving a crime, but victims of drunk drivers may be entitled to pursue responsible individuals for their medical costs, rehabilitation expenses, and pain and suffering, among other losses.
- Texting and Driving. Distracted driving and texting and driving is becoming far too common. When drivers take their eyes off the road, they put others at risk. While texting and driving can be difficult to prove, evidence like text messages, social media posts, or online activity can sometimes identify responsible parties. The auto accident attorneys at the Louthian Law Firm, P.A. in South Carolina may be able to assist you if you believe another driver’s texting and driving or distracted driving resulted in your crash.
- Speed kills and can injure other drivers. Factors like the damage each vehicle sustained and police reports can provide evidence regarding the speeds that might have been involved in a crash. If another driver was speeding or driving too fast for conditions, you may be able to seek damages for your losses.
- Breaking the Rules of the Road. If the other driver ran a red light, ran a stop sign, or otherwise broke the law, you may be entitled to make a claim under the law.
- Road Debris and Poor Road Conditions. If roads were not property maintained or if construction companies failed to mitigate risks, drivers can sometimes get injured by flying objects, road debris, or by accidents that occur if the driver loses control of his or her vehicle due to potholes or uneven road surfaces. If you think road conditions might have played a role in your crash, you may be entitled to seek damages from responsible parties. The Louthian Law Firm, P.A. car accident attorneys in South Carolina that may be able to help you.
- And more.
These are just some of the factors that can lead to car accidents. Determining negligence can sometimes be complex and the outcome of the determination can sometimes be the difference between your ability to make a personal injury claim for your crash. Have questions about who was at fault after a serious car accident? The Louthian Law Firm, P.A. is a car wreck law firm in South Carolina that may be able to investigate your case and help you take the next steps.
Car Insurance and Your Auto Accident
Victims of car accidents may be able to make a claim with their car insurance companies. If the other driver was at fault for your crash, his or her car insurance may be responsible for covering your losses. Under South Carolina law, drivers are required to carry car insurance that covers at least $25,000 for bodily injury, and $50,000 for all drivers. The minimum property damage limits in South Carolina are $25,000. What happens if the other driver was uninsured? Uninsured motorist coverage can protect you in this case. If the other driver was a hit and run, your uninsured motorist coverage may also be able to protect you.
If you have questions about the insurance claim process after a car accident in South Carolina, the Louthian Law Firm, P.A. is an auto accident law firm that may be able to help you. Our firm may be able to assist you with making an uninsured motorist claim. If you are having difficulty getting the settlement you believe you deserve, our car accident lawyers may also be able to help you. We can review your policy, your limits, and review the details of your accident. Our lawyers can provide insurance adjusters with documentation to support your case and our firm may be able to help you negotiate the settlement you may deserve under the law. Contact the Louthian Law Firm, P.A., a car accident law firm in South Carolina today.
Do You Need a Car Wreck Law Firm in South Carolina?
A car wreck lawyer may be able to assist you with your case if your damages are significant, if you are having difficulty making an insurance claim, or if another driver was at fault for a serious accident. A car wreck lawyer may not be needed in every case. For example, if you had a minor fender bender or are happy with the settlement your car insurance company is offering, you may not need legal assistance. However, in the aftermath of a serious or catastrophic car accident, a car accident lawyer may be able to assist you and your family as you navigate the various challenges—from making an insurance claim to seeking damages from negligent parties. The Louthian Law Firm, P.A. is a car accident law firm in South Carolina that may be able to help.