Our South Carolina Community: Greenville, SC
Greenville, South Carolina claims a lovely location on the banks of the powerful Reedy River, with the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains as a scenic backdrop. The premier city in SC’s Upstate Region, Greenville reported a population of 56,002 in the 2000 Census, with a 2006 estimate of 57,400 residents. The surrounding Greater Greenville Urban Area contains more than 302,000 residents.
The judicial system in South Carolina is a diverse mix of trial and appellate courts:
- The Supreme Court is composed of a Chief Justice and four Associate Justices who are elected to a term of ten years by the General Assembly.
- The Court of Appeals, SC’s newest court, hears most types of appeals from the Circuit Court and the Family Court.
- The Circuit Court has jurisdiction on all civil matters, which includes most personal injury claims.
- The Municipal Court and Magistrate Court systems handle small claims, traffic violations, preliminary hearings, and misdemeanors.
- The Family Court system handles domestic cases, juvenile offences and juvenile traffic violations.
- Probate Court handles estate and mental health matters. The Circuit Court and Magistrate Court generally determine cases involving credit and collections.
- The prosecutorial system is made up of the circuit solicitors and the Attorney General’s Office.
Greenville is the premier city of the flourishing Greenville – Spartanburg – Anderson Metro Area, whose population is more than 1,200,000. Greenville is the seat of Greenville County. Serviced by Interstate 85, I-385, I-185, the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport, and railroads, Greenville’s strategic location has made it an important transportation city, and site of the Fedex AirFreight Hub and Lockheed Martin, IBM, Michelin, Timken and Microsoft.
Greenville, SC is one of the prettiest cities in The South. With rolling tree-lined hills, Greenville is beautifully landscaped, with 452 acres dedicated to parkland and greenways. Bicycle and hiking trails wind through the city, and six lush public gardens flourish here. The largest, Falls Park, is a 32-acre natural haven of scenic beauty in the very heart of Downtown Greenville, with overlooks of the roaring waterfalls, nature trails through gardens and a pedestrian suspension bridge across Reedy River. Seven miles from downtown looms Paris Mountain State Park, the second highest peak in South Carolina.
Greenville hosts a number of colorful events each year. The music of bagpipes fills the air during the Scottish Games and Highland Festival. The Greek Festival showcases the exciting music, dance and exotic flavors of Greenville’s Greek population. The St. Francis Fall for Greenville is a 3-day award-winning event, highlighting the city’s outstanding cuisine, while the Chautauqua Festival recreates Greenville’s powerful past.
Greenville students have three fine centers of higher education to choose from after high school: Bob Jones University, home to an outstanding Museum and Gallery of Art, Greenville Technical College and Furman University. Other museums include Greenville County Museum of Art and the Reedy River Historic Park. One of Greenville’s most popular attractions is the Greenville Zoo, one of the region’s largest.
Additional Greenville, South Carolina Resources
Louthian Law Office does not endorse any of the businesses below, but provides them solely for informational purposes. If you would like to have your accident related Greeville, SC business listed here, please contact via email: List my Site
- Cobb Tire & Auto Repair: Since 1979, Cobb Tire and Auto Repair has been a family owned and operated tire and automotive repair facility.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Department : Vocational Rehabilitation has been helping individuals with disabilities maximize their abilities!
- Greenville, South Carolina offers gracious Southern living in a beautiful, natural setting. Greenville is an outstanding city to visit or to build a life in.