Our South Carolina Personal Injury Firm
Cases We Handle
Since 1959, the Louthian Law Firm has helped South Carolinians obtain fair and just compensation for injuries they’ve sustained. The personal injury claims we handle include:
- Vehicle Accidents – Involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, ATVs, bicycles and other vehicles in situations such as DWI, hit and run, defective and dangerous road conditions, and more.
- Personal Injury – Involving birth injury, brain injury, burn injury, serious scarring issues, dog bites, wrongful death, swimming/drowning accidents, natural resource damages and more.
- Product Liability / Injury – Holding manufacturers and distributors liable for defective product design and manufacture or for failure to warn about known dangers or increased risks of danger.
- Whistleblower / Qui Tam – Reporting healthcare and other fraudulent activity against the government.
- Nursing Home Negligence – Including nursing home / assisted living facility negligence, elder abuse and neglect, chemical restraint and more.
- Workplace – Including workers’ compensation, construction injuries, machinery accidents, slip-and-fall accidents, discrimination, mesothelioma claims and more.
- Medical Malpractice – Holding healthcare professionals responsible for misdiagnosis, failure to diagnose, failure to treat correctly, botched surgeries, incorrect doses of anesthesia, failure to properly treat pregnancies / birth conditions, unnecessary surgeries, failure to obtain informed consent and more.
- ERISA – Enforcing federal law governing retirement and health and other welfare benefits, such as life and disability policies.
- Prescription Drugs – Holding pharmaceutical companies and distributors liable for manufacturing and selling drugs that cause injuries or death.
- Social Security – Including Social Security claims, understanding and applying for disability benefits and appealing denials
- USERRA – Enforcing federal law which requires employers to reemploy workers called away for military service, preserving an employee’s benefits and seniority while gone and reasonably accommodating disabled veterans.
The Louthian Law Firm is proud to have been recognized in the Top Trial Lawyers in America, the Best Lawyers – The World’s Premier Guide and to be AV peer-review rated for ethical standards and legal professionalism by Martindale-Hubbell.
Because our South Carolina personal injury lawyers are lifetime members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, you can be assured that your case will be handled by experienced attorneys who will treat your case with the personalized and professional attention it deserves – in our offices and in the courtroom.